I wish I had sweet pictures to post. I wish I had something poignant to say, but I dont.
I did see Avatar tonight. It was amazing, I recommend it to everyone who reads this. (all 4 of you)
an update on my physical health: I had emergency surgery last Monday afternoon. Early Monday morning I was in such pain, it really felt like contractions (for those of you who have had babies) or terrible cramps for those who have not. I couldn't even walk they hurt so bad. I believe that I was crying as well. I managed to get to the computer to google IUD problems and I deduced that that is what it was.
Dave drove me to the ER, poor Ashley was canoodling with a boy (named Leo) upstairs and we had to have her listen for Griff, who decided to wake up right after we left. Margo and Alan and Ash and Leo all worked to keep him happy and try to get him back asleep. Such wonderful people I have in my life.
I was asked all sorts of questions. they took blood and ran a CAT scan. It was a bit scary. Dave went home to take care of the boy after they got the results. My IUD had perforated my uterus and there had been a cyst on my right ovary that ruptured. I had been bleeding out into my abdomen, so they booked me for surgery that afternoon. They did laproscopy, which means they made 3 incisions and took the bad stuff out.
They took longer than expected, I guess David was really scared. He was waiting in the hospital room alone for me to come out, so his mom came down to be there for him. I remember waking up a few times and falling back asleep. That anesthesia is amazing. They took me home and I slept on the couch for a few nights but I'm back in my bed and feeling much better.
They told me I cant pick up Griffin for 6 weeks, he is quite upset. He calls me Mommy Boo Boo now. He looks at me and lifts his arms in the air and says "up". Then he says, "boo boo" and pats my belly. He is so sweet I cant even believe it. He is so soft and loving. He gives me kisses and lays on my lap. I just adore him.
Dave has been so wonderful. He had his own finals to work on, he was worried about me and he had to tend Griff by himself. Im so impressed. He didnt complain or make me feel bad. Im so very blessed to have him in my life. He rubs my back and tells me he loves me:) who is better than me?
We had our family christmas party last night, it was alot of fun. More on that another night. I have a few photos to share and a few stories, but my meds just kicked in so good night for now
No comments:
Post a Comment