So yesterday, I decided to cook something out of the ordinary. I had found a recipe for Puff Pastry wrapped Brie. It was so incredibly yummy!! and really easy.
1. thaw out the frozen puff pastry dough according to the instructions on the box
2. heat oven to 400 degrees.
3. roll out the dough slightly, just so the seams are securely stuck together.
4. place the whole brie round on the dough. the rind is edible, so there is no need to peel it. it also keeps the cheese from melting allover the dough.
5. wrap up the cheese with the dough, cutting off the extra. maybe save it for a decoration. I used mine to make a bow for the top.
6. baste all the seams and corners with an egg and water mixture. it makes it really flaky and a pretty golden brown.
7. cook for about 20-25 minutes. wait at least 10 minutes before slicing, or the cheese oozes out, not pretty.
I used the rest of the leftover dough to make cinnamon twists.
oh and a wee mention to the zucchini pasta that Alan made a few weeks ago. NICE
No comments:
Post a Comment